Minstrel

Minstrel

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Catchy title, right?




Okay then, you try to come up with something no one else has used and catches your eye.



Besides this is going to be about dogs, vampires, cats, lust, attempting to write a romance novel, art, and anything else that catches my interest.



Oh, and don't be shy. If you have something you want to ask me, go right ahead. I might even answer you truthfully. Or maybe not. It's going to depend on whats more fun.



Have you already figured out that this isn't going to be a serious discussion about anything? I don't know about you, but I get quite enough seriousness from the nightly news. Of course there are things that I'm very serious about, but I promise not to bring them up. You can always find another blog about spaying and neutering your pet. Yes, that's one of my serious things.




Now you may be asking yourself, exactly why is she writing a blog in the first place? Believe me, I've asked myself that very question. Well, the answer involves that romance novel I'm trying to write. It seems that if you ever hope to have a publisher look at your book you have to have a blog. Maybe things were easier when Jane Austin was writing.




Now don't go getting all crazy on me. I am in no way, shape, or form comparing myself to that godess of the quil. All I'm saying is that she only had to contend with the fact that proper young women were not allowed to write something as questionable as a novel. I have to deal with the internet and computers that die just because you spill a little hot chocolate on them. I mean really; it was sugar free, not even the good stuff. But then chasing down a goose when you needed a new pen couldn't have been much fun. Those birds can be vicious.




If I haven't scared you off, then please, stop by again. Perhaps next time I'll tell you about my novel, tentatively titled Molly's Story: How a Sensible Woman Learned About Love, Lust, and Things That Go Bump in the Night. Or I might tell you about Rufus Magee, the very real bassett hound that got written into the story.




No comments:

Post a Comment